Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A note to the CEO of Corangamite Shire

'A group of Victorian councils will call on the planning minister to investigate claims that wind farms cause illness. "The wellbeing of our residents is supreme," said Moorabool mayor Pat Griffin.' The Weekly Times May 30 2012

 Dear Andrew
I wrote to you recently in regard to ongoing noise from the Port Campbell gas plants and what I believe are the Shire's obligations under Part 6 Division 1. Section 58(2) (e) of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008: said act states noise is a nuisance and I am lead to believe the Council has a duty to act, to investigate complaints.

In regard to Section 62(2) of this I am of the opinion that the Council must act on my family giving notice of a nuisance. I received your letter dated 17 May 2012 in which you advise that council is again referring the ongoing noise issues to the EPA. The council is as aware as I am of the current limitations of the EPA.

It is four months since we met with the EPA and still there has been no action or any notable correspondence from them. Given the recognised failings of the EPA I can think that there is no other reason except expediency which motivates the Shire to again refer the gas plant noise issues to the EPA?

I hope I am wrong but councillor Griffin's comments certainly highlight the Shire's perceived lack of urgency on this matter. My family's amenity continues to be comprimised by the gas plants at Port Campbell. How do my family and other effected residents get the Corangamite Shire to view the health of some of their residents the way councillor Griffin does? I would be grateful for answers to our questions

sincerely, Mr and Mrs Rogered

No comments:

Post a Comment